Case Problem: Young Professional Magazine (p. 324)
Use Data File: Professional.xlsx (attached below)
As a new employee of the magazine, you have been asked to help analyze the survey results of their target audience. Prepare a managerial report summarizing the results of the survey. In addition to statistical summaries, discuss how the magazine might use these results to attract advertisers.
I am looking for the interpretation of the data, not simply the regurgitation of results. Please address the following:
- Develop appropriate descriptive statistics to summarize the data.
- Develop 95% confidence intervals for the mean age and household income of the subscribers.
- Develop 95% confidence intervals for the proportion of the subscribers who have broadband access at home and the proportion of of subscribers who have children.
- Would Young Professional be a good advertising outlet for online brokers? Justify your conclusion with statistical data.
- Would this magazine be a good place to advertise for companies selling educational software and computer games for young children?
Submit the report as a .doc/pdf and attach your .xlsx statistics file for grading.