Due: Day 7
Grading Category: Assignments
Using the Anemia Comparison Table Template (Word), complete the table to describe and compare the anemias listed. Be sure to include the following for each anemia:
- Etiology—Discuss common etiologies and causes.
- What are the pathophysiologic changes that occur during each of the types of anemia?
- Symptoms—What subjective symptoms will the patient display?
- Signs—What objective signs will the patient exhibit?
- Blood Smear Findings/Classification—How is this anemia classified? Thinking about how the pathophysiologic process affects the cells, what would you expect to see in a peripheral blood smear?
- Correction/Prevention—How can the abnormal anemic state be returned to homeostasis? How can it be prevented?
This assignment will be graded complete/incomplete, but keep in mind that this is an excellent way not only prepare for your quiz but to develop a reference tool you can use as you develop your practice.
Please be sure to use evidence-based, peer-reviewed journals that have been published within the past three to five years, in addition to your textbook and course materials. Have fun!
Please refer to the Grading Rubric for details on how this activity will be graded.
To Submit Your Assignment:
- Click the Add Submissions button.
- Drag or upload your files to the File Picker.
- Click Save Changes.