Value: 100 points
Due: Day 7
Gradebook Category: Assignments
After completing the readings and course activities for this week, you will be recording a video reflection about what you learned. Your recording should be five to eight minutes in length and address the following questions:
- What surprised you from the materials this week? What did not surprise you?
- Identify three things you learned about mental disorders.
- Identify three things you learned about substance abuse disorders.
- Discuss how you will be able to implement what you have learned into your future practice. Please be specific to your certification track.
No references are needed for this assignment; this a reflection of what you have learned.
Please include one or two PowerPoint slides that summarize your answers. Include the link to your recorded presentation on the first slide of your PowerPoint presentation (see the following).
- The deliverables for this assignment are a recorded video presentation and a one- to two-slide PowerPoint summary.
- Use Zoom to record a video of yourself addressing the reflection questions.
- For instructions on how to use Zoom, refer to the Zoom Tutorial in the Student Orientation.
- Videos must be recorded in a quiet, private area with no distractions (this means no pets or other household members should be making noise or in the room while recording) and should be five to eight minutes in length (be clear and concise).
- After your recording is complete, follow these instructions to create a private, unlisted YouTube video. You will need the YouTube video website/URL to include in your PowerPoint summary.
- Submit your PowerPoint file to this assignment (be sure to include the YouTube video website/URL to your recorded video reflection in your PowerPoint summary).
- Your instructor will access your recorded video reflection via the link in the PowerPoint.
Please refer to the Grading Rubric for details on how this activity will be graded.
To Submit Your Assignment:
- Click the Add Submissions button.
- Drag or upload your files to the File Picker.
- Click Save Changes.