Value: 100 points
Due: To facilitate scholarly discourse, create your initial post by Day 3, and reply to at least two of your classmates, on two separate days, by Day 7.
Gradebook Category: Discussions
Consider the material that was presented this week. Find a peer-reviewed, research article related to topics found in Chapters 20 and/or 21. This discussion post will be a bit longer than you are used to, but it is your only assignment this week. Please use the following list as a template to structure your post; include the questions as headers in your post so your peers can follow along. Once you have introduced your topic, use the remaining questions to help you critique your article. Please be sure to answer all questions. The last paragraph should be a conclusion tying all the content together.
Article Critique Questions:
- One paragraph that introduces your topic and explains why it is important to you
- Author, year, title, journal
- Purpose of the article: research, theoretical, program implementation
- From what discipline was the literature review drawn?
- What were the gaps, issues, purposes identified from the synthesis of the literature?
- What design and methods were used for the purpose of the project?
- Were the sample, size, and setting (or choice of articles) adequate for the project?
- What were the findings and conclusions?
- What are the implications for future research?
- How could the information in this article be applied to advanced nursing practice?
- Would you recommend this article to others as an example to add to the understanding of this information?
- Conclusion/summary paragraph
Upload your article critique along with your article in PDF format to this discussion forum in your initial post.
Please respond to at least two of your classmates who have chosen a topic from a different chapter; for instance, if you write about something from Chapter 20, you should respond to two peers who posted about a topic from Chapter 21.
In your response to peers, think about your certification track and a potential patient you might encounter with the condition they discussed. Identify two things you learned from your peers’ posts and how you will be able to apply that knowledge to patient care.
Please refer to the Grading Rubric for details on how this activity will be graded.
Posting to the Discussion Forum
- Select Add a new discussion topic.
- In the subject line of your post, type the chapter number and the title of your topic (i.e. Chapter 20: XXXX topic).
- Create your post.
- Select Post to Forum