Value: 100 points
Due: Day 7
Grading category: Assignments
For this assignment, you write your own qualitative study critique (similar to what you did in Week 12 for the quantitative study critique, only this time critiquing a qualitative research study) on one of the studies provided to you.
Choose one qualitative journal article from this list:
- Biezen, R., Grando, D., Mazza, D., & Brijnath, B. (2019). Visibility and transmission: complexities around promoting hand hygiene in young children: A qualitative study. BMC Public Health, 19(1), no pages.
- da Silva Lins, H. N., Macêdo Paiva, L. K., Gonçalves de Souza, M., Cassimiro Lima, R. M., & Albuquerque, N. L. A. (2019). Experiences in women’s care: Doulas’ perception. Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE, 13(5), 1264–1269.
- Mele, B., Goodarzi, Z., Hanson, H. M., & Holroyd-Leduc, J. (2019). Barriers and facilitators to diagnosing and managing apathy in Parkinson’s disease: A qualitative study. BMC Neurology, 19(1), no pages.
Read your selected journal article entirely.
Analyze the journal article and use the specific questions that are outlined in Gray, Grove, and Sutherland (2017) found on pages 445 through 449 to construct your analysis of your chosen qualitative research study.
These are the main headers of your paper:
- Identifying the Steps of the Qualitative Research Process
- Determination of Strengths and Weaknesses of Qualitative Studies
- Evaluating a Qualitative Study
You have many questions to address in your assignment this week. They should be in complete sentences (i.e., bullet point responses are not acceptable).
APA format is required in your assignment Word document. Page length, excluding the title and references list, is between five and seven pages.
Please refer to the Grading Rubric for details on how this activity will be graded.
To Submit Your Assignment:
- Select the Add Submissions button.
- Drag or upload your file to the File Picker.
- Select Save Changes