Value: 100 points
Due: Day 7
Grading Category: Journals
In reading your assigned textbook chapters and select articles, and reviewing the CDC website link on IPV found within the Learning Material section of this module, you will have looked at both ends of the spectrum—from disparity to privilege—and at triggers, which are not bound by any social class, leading to intimate partner violence. Consider the following:
- Does trauma-informed care apply to IPV? Why or why not?
- Review the maternal and infant mortality statistics within our country and your state. Do you note any disparity?
- How can “privilege” become a beacon for change?
- Intimate partner violence expresses a need for power and control by many methods. Would you recognize them all?
- Is there a path that most violent individuals follow?
Reflect on the content presented and submit a one- to two-page journal (this does not include the title or reference pages) providing an example of how you have been witness to IPV, disparity, and or privilege and outline how you, as an APRN, can recognize and reduce violence and health disparity in women.
You may journal in first person, and this assignment does not require references as it is your thoughts; however, be sure to review the rubric, as a minimum of one reference is required to be considered exemplary work. If you choose to use quotes or citable material, you are expected to follow APA formatting.
Please refer to the Grading Rubric for details on how this activity will be graded.
Posting Your Journal Entry:
- Select Start or Edit My Journal Entry.
- Create your journal entry.
- Select Save Changes