Value: 100 points
Due: Create your initial post by Day 3, and reply to at least two of your peers by Day 7.
Grading Category: Discussions
Note: In this type of discussion, you will not see the responses of your peers until after you have posted your own initial post.
Here is a list of five peer-reviewed nursing research journal articles on nursing research that are available through the Regis Library. Choose one of them that is of interest to you to read.
- Cody, S. E., Sullivan-Bolyai, S., & Reid-Ponte, P. (2018). Making a connection: Family experiences with bedside rounds in the intensive care unit. Critical Care Nurse, 38(3), 16–26.
- Cyphers, N. A., Clements, A. D., & Lindseth, G. (2017). The relationship between religiosity and health-promoting behaviors in pregnant women. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 39(11), 1429–1446.
- Joseph, L. (2013). A study to evaluate the effectiveness of planned teaching programme on growth monitoring of children using innovative paediatric growth chart among the third year general nursing and midwifery students in a selected institute at Mangalore. International Journal of Nursing Education, 5(1), 103–106.
- Scheidenhelm, S., & Reitz, O. E. (2017). Hardwiring bedside shift report. Journal of Nursing Administration, 47(3), 147–153.
- Woodall, M., & DeLetter, M. (2018). Colorectal cancer: A collaborative approach to improve education and screening in a rural population. Clinical Journal of Oncology Nursing, 22(1), 69–75.
Based on the research article you read, respond to the following prompts:
- What, if any, was the theoretical framework that was used by article author(s)?
- Describe the framework; was it from nursing or a borrowed theory?
- Describe how the framework was used to inform the research study.
- How much did the researchers write about it in the journal article? For example, was it weaved throughout the paper or mentioned only in the beginning?
- In your opinion, what other nursing theory might have worked with this research study? Why?
Reply to at least two of your classmates. In your replies, discuss what surprised you about the theory your peers wrote about and how it’s integrated into the study? What other type of research might this theory be useful in?
Please refer to the Grading Rubric for details on how this activity will be graded. The described expectations meet the passing level of 80%. Students are directed to review the Discussion Grading Rubric for criteria which exceed expectations.
Posting to the Discussion Forum
- Select the appropriate Thread.
- Select Reply.
- Create your post.
- Select Post to Forum.