The following question build upon the reading for this lesson. Make sure you have the appropriate readings completed prior to starting this assignment.
- Go online and find an entry level position at a company anywhere in the world. For your answer to this question, submit the job description and company for the position you found. Prepare and submit (as part of your homework) your cover letter that would accompany your resume when you apply for this position. We are not asking you to apply for the position you identified, but to go through the process of preparing a cover letter as if you were applying.
- Find the website for the company with the job opening you found in the previous question. Based upon their website, list the three C’s and four P’s for that firm. Submit the company’s web address (URL) along with your response.
- Prepare your Unique Selling Proposition (USP) for one of the following scenarios that your interviewer/potential client will remember you by. Keep it to less than three lines, approximately 30 seconds.
- You are graduating with your bachelors degree in less than a year. You have applied for entry level positions in your discipline. There are numerous other candidates for this position. You have to distinguish yourself from the other candidates.
- Imagine yourself several years into your career. You have started attending industry events where you have the opportunity to interact and meet new people and perspective clients. You see someone from a company/agency that your firm has been attempting to add as a client. You see this as an opportunity to help your company make inroads with this potential client. How are you going to ?introduce yourself and make a memorable impression?