Locate a nursing study that examines the effects of an intervention. Provide a summary of the study, focusing primarily on the intervention.
- Was the development and implementation of the intervention described in detail?
- Based on a theoretical framework?
- Did the design of the study promote investigation of the effects of the study—for example, was there comparison of experimental and control groups?
- Were there variables that could have impacted the findings that were not part of the intervention?
- Was there evidence of efforts to monitor the safety of participants?
- Are there any ways that the study could have been improved?
Locate a nursing study that utilizes some aspect of the internet (for instance, for recruitment, delivery of an intervention, or completing online assessments.
- What challenges did the researchers face, and how were these challenges overcome (or not)?
- How could future research efforts be improved?
Using your computer’s office tools, develop a pie, bar, or plot chart to represent the following population estimates: