Part One: Using a visual tool such as Smore or EDraw Max, create a visual with the following:
- Types (4 points): Depicts the different types of qualitative and quantitative data collection techniques.
Part Two: Provide a separate document that includes the following:
- Characteristics (2 points): In one page discuss each type of data collection, paying attention to the characteristics of each type (accuracy, credibility, dependability, validity, and reliability).
- Report Out (2 points): Skim your action research report, chosen in Week Two, for the types of data used. Describe in at least one page the different types of data chosen and report out on the findings.
The Visual Interpretation Assignment
- Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of Visual Interpretation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
Mertler, C. A. (2017). Action research: Improving schools and empowering educators (5th ed.). Sage Publications.