Select one innovative/unconventional construction material/method and write a journal paper-style essay about the selected material. The essay should highlight the characteristics of the selected material/method and compare it with the characteristics of the more commonly used alternatives.
1. Cover page and the Table of contents – 1 page
2. Abstract – (5 points) (summary is written after the work on the paper is completed) – 1 page
3. Introduction – (10 points) about 1 page – Why this topic? Explain the importance of the material/method that you selected. What are going to be covered? Describe organization of the report.
4. Main body – 3 page minimum. 5 page maximum (including tables, graphs, figures – each taking not more than half a page) – (50 points, see breakdown below). The way you organize the main body of your paper depends on the choice of your topic. :
a. Suitable headings/ subheadings/ organization (10 points)
b. Effort in research using multiple sources (10 points)
c. Quality and value of information (10 points)
d. Quality of Tables, Figures, Graphs (10 points) (total space devoted to these should not exceed 20% of the paper)
e. Quality of your own analysis based on the information (10 points)
5. Conclusions – 1 pages (10 points)
6. References (alphabetical order) in correct format – 1 (5 points) Must have been cited in the introduction, body, and conclusions of the paper properly. Must use correct and consistent format.
Font and Spacing:
Times New Roman No. 11 regular font with Double Spacing should be used for the entire manuscript except for the following
Title of Paper: Times New Roman Font, Size 14pt, All Cap, Bold Face, Center
First Heading: Times New Roman, 12 pt, All Caps, Bold face
Second Heading: Times New Roman, 11 pt, Title Case, Bold face
Third Heading: Times New Roman, 11 pt, First letter capital, Bold face Page 3 of 3 BCN 2210 CONST. MATERIALS & METHODS
Table Captions: Times New Roman, 11 pt, Bold Face, Center
Figure Captions: Times New Roman, 11pt, Bold Face, Center
Text should be fully justified. Section headings should align on the left-hand margin. Place a full page of text and figures on each page.
In the text, cite publications by listing the last names of the authors and the year, i.e. author-date method of citation; e.g. (Sadri and Zhu, 2014). If authors are more than two, use “et al.” with the name of first author, e.g (Sadri et al., 2013).
All references should appear at the end of the paper in chronological order