SafeAssign will be used to check for plagiarism.
For the Unit VI Case Study, you will focus on structural damage and building requirements in Riverside County California USA. This can include actions taken to protect against earthquakes, wild fires, etc.
Start by conducting research on Riverside county for examples of mitigation and structure protection. These examples may include design of services and roads, land-use regulation, flood control, levees, dams, updated building codes, earthquake resistant community buildings, warming shelters, evacuation shelters, and structural reinforcement of building materials.
Incorporate no less than 4 pictures of what you find so that you can show your professor what your area has done to address the issue.
Using what you learned about Riverside county, Ca. and what you learned about past disasters from this course, write a case study, a minimum of four pages in length, that addresses the following points.
- Explain what has been done with regard to mitigation, recovery, and/or response efforts within your community.
- Explain who conducted these efforts and the vulnerabilities they faced in their community, and include the role these individuals or groups play with mitigating, responding, and/or recovering from the risk.
- Research at least one major, historical disaster that resulted in structural damage (this is not limited to your community). Explain the event that caused the damage and the results.
- What collaborative efforts were employed during the historical disaster you researched?
- What can your community learn from the past disaster you researched?
- Consider the legal issues that would apply to those who did not follow land-use or building code requirements. When researching the mitigation and or structure protection occurring in your area or the location you choose, also discuss the organizations that would be involved with ensuring compliance as well as what sanctions would apply for those who were out of compliance.
Your paper should be a minimum of four pages in length not counting the title and reference pages. You are required to use a minimum of three outside sources as part of your case study.. All sources, including the textbook, must be cited and referenced according to APA guidelines