Public health officials in state offices usually participate in the analysis of proposed legislation but may have different names for the format or process used in that state. For this assignment, the term Health Policy Analysis (HPA) will be used with the following format. The student is to create an HPA using the following scenarios.
The student is to search for a state regulation regarding hospitals, choose a section/subject area, and complete an HPA.
- Give the location using the correct nomenclature.
- Summarize the hospital regulation. Use your own words to describe the intent of the regulation.
- Describe the problem/public issue the regulation is intended to address. Use secondary data to describe the problem/issue further, as is known from the literature.
- Identify the stakeholders and project the expected opinion. Indicate who was probably in support of the regulation and why. Indicate who probably opposed this regulation and why?
- Examine the risks and benefits of this regulation. If this regulation could be changed, what would be the expected outcomes, and would that positively or negatively impact public health. If this regulation remains, what would be the positive or negative outcomes?
- Is this regulation a financial burden for hospitals? If so, provide a discussion as to what those costs are associated with this regulation.
- Should there be some changes in this regulation? If so, why? What would be that process?
Length: 1500 –2000 words; answers must thoroughly address the issues in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA style. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment.
References: Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least two (2) scholarly sources to support your claims.
Format: Save your assignment as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).