Philosophy of Teaching Statement: Professional Growth Plan
The philosophy of teaching statement is presented in five sections: conceptualization of learning, conceptualization of teaching, goals for students, implementation of the philosophy, and professional growth plan. In this course, you will develop your own philosophy of teaching statement. This week, you will focus on writing your implementation of the philosophy section.
Using knowledge gained from your orientation course, observation experience, your own personal experience and credible, current literature, address the following questions:
- What are your short-, mid-, and long-term goals for your teaching career?
- What challenges might you encounter on your professional journey and how will you overcome them?
- What is your vision for the future of education?
- Reflect on your course observation experience and evaluate how that experience has informed your teaching goals, understanding of potential challenges, and vision for the future of education.
- Use APA format and style for your paper.
- Complete your analysis in a 1- to 2-page Microsoft Word document.
- Name the document SU_INS7115_W10_Project_FirstInitial.doc.