- In your own words, write a clear, concise, and persuasive analysis of your assigned artwork (300-500-words). The analysis should convince your reader of the validity of your objective interpretation. One-two paragraphs.
- Make sure you do the following:
- Clearly provide an objective analysis of the artwork (again, always presume your reader knows nothing about the artwork you are writing about; therefore, describe in a way that gives a very clear visual picture in the minds of your readers what they are looking at).
- Use appropriate and correct terminology/art vocabulary terms
- Always point to specific aspects of the artwork when making a subjective observation
- Describe the relevant Elements of Art and Principles of Design used that contribute to the overall visual impact and content/meaning of the artwork
- Describe/mention the medium used and any relevant techniques/processes used by the artist to create the artwork
- Analyze the context and themes of the artwork:
- How does the artwork relate to the time in which it was created?
- What was happening politically, socially, economically, etc., that the artists were responding to?
- What are the major themes present in the artwork? These should be based on your visual and contextual analyses, as well as your objective and subjective observations, of the said artwork.
Prompt : KEHINDE WILEY NAPOLEON LEADING THE ARMY OVER THE ALPS, 2005