Midterm Grading Criteria everything is attached
- Based on Chapter 1 – Long-Term Care Today: Turbulent Times only,
- Based on Chapter 3 – Toward an Ideal System only,
- Define and discuss the requirements (criteria) for Designing or Evaluating a Long-Term Care System?
- Discuss how the current long-term care system measures or does not measure up to the ideal.
- Based on Chapter 4 – Nursing Facilities only,
- Discuss how nursing facilities developed.
- Discuss and show your understanding of the philosophy of care of nursing facilities, including:
- Medical vs. social model
- Multidisciplinary approach
- Family involvement
- Identify differences in ownership of nursing facilities
- Define, discuss and show your understanding of the services provided by nursing facilities:
- Define, discuss and show your understanding of the market forces impacting nursing facilities
- Discuss how nursing facilities are financed, and by whom.
- Define, discuss and show your understanding of the legal/ethical Issues facing nursing homes
- Discuss and show your understanding of the significant trends and their impact on nursing facilities
- Based on Chapter 5 – Subacute and Post-Acute Care only,
- What are post-acute and subacute care and what is the difference between them