Identifying Bioethical Issues
This activity will have you identify and evaluate a bioethical issue facing healthcare administrations and discuss how you would handle the issue.
Unit Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Examine bioethical issues in healthcare.
Course Outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
HA405-2: Explain a bioethical issue within a healthcare facility.
In this unit, you will identify and evaluate one bioethical health care issue facing healthcare administrators. In a 1-page summary, you will identify bioethical issues and discuss how you would effectively and ethically handle the issues in your facility. Include two (2) academic references and submit your assignment in APA format.
- Choose one (1) bioethical issue to research. (for example, Euthanasia, End-of-life care, Eugenics, Medical resource allocation, Stem Cells, Substance abuse – (excessive opioid scripting), Genetic manipulation, Cloning, etc.).
- Identify the issue and its implications and status in health care.
- Discuss how you would effectively and ethically handle the issue in your facility as the administrator.
- Include two (2) academic references formatted in APA.
Submitting your work:
Submit your Assignment to the appropriate Dropbox.
Please be sure to download the file “Writing Center Resources” from Course Documents to assist you with meeting APA expectations for written Assignments.
To view your graded work, come back to the Dropbox or go to the Gradebook after your instructor has evaluated it. Make sure that you save a copy of your submitted work.