HEALTH CARE INFORMATICS AND SYSTEM BREACHES
Health Care Informatics and System Breaches
You are the health information officer at a large hospital. You have learned a significant information technology failure or breach has occurred within your hospital. Using the Internet or the Strayer University library database, identify other health care organizations or health care providers that have recently had a significant information technology failure or breach. Write a report to your staff, notifying them of the failure or breach, how such failures or breaches have affected similar organizations, and how those organizations resolved the issue.
Write a 4–5 page report for your staff in which you:
- Outline four key factors contributing to the other organizations’ HIMS failures or breaches.
- Analyze three ways the HIMS failures impacted the organizations’ operations and patient information protection, privacy, or personal safety.
- Diagnose the leadership teams’ reactions to the failures. Analyze whether the leadership teams took sufficient measures to address various stakeholder groups impacted. Next, consider whether the other organizations had sufficient resources in place to prevent these occurrences. If not, identify where most of the failures occurred.
- Suggest three outcomes for the facility and state and explain whether you agree with the overall verdict or violation.
- Recommend at least three best practices your hospital can adopt to avoid such HIMS failures or breaches in the future. Provide support for these recommendations.
- Explain one current government requirement requiring all health care organizations to ensure health care and patient information is secure and information breaches and technology failures are minimized.
- At a minimum, provide these headings within your report: summary statement, background information, and recommendations.
- Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to find four recent (within the last five years) quality academic resources for this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other websites do not qualify as quality academic resources.