Emergency Communication Case Studies
Using the information from the Boston Marathon Bombing and Hurricane Irene in North Carolina, read each case study.
Based on your research, create a 2- to 3-page report in a Microsoft Word document, including answers to the following questions:
- What barriers were identified to message development for each of these case studies?
- How was timeliness an issue in each of these case studies? How was it addressed?
- What was the call to action (response) for each of these case studies?
- How were the seven steps of crisis communication used (or not) in each of these case studies?
- What were the similarities between these case studies when it comes to emergency and crisis communication?
- What were the differences between these case studies when it comes to emergency and crisis communication?
- Be sure to support your points for each of the components in parenthesis with data from the program and outside research.
- Name your document SU_PHE4030_W5_A2_LastName_FirstInitial.doc.
- Submit your document to the Submissions Area by the due date assigned.
- Support your responses with examples.
- Cite any sources in APA format.