This assignment covers chapter five, Building Competitive Advantage through Business-Level Strategy, and chapter six, Business-Level Strategy and the Industry Environment.
Chapter 5 Questions:
- Describe low-cost strategy. How does this strategy is different from differentiation and how it can relate to differentiation?
- describe what differentiation strategy is and how products and services are offered under this strategy? What is branding and how that concept relates to differentiation.
- Describe how businesses approach segmentation in market. Why market segmentation could help businesses to achieve the goals of their strategies? What approaches can be used to segment the market? How can this lead to competitive advantage?
Chapter 6 Questions:
- Define fragmented and consolidated industries. What are the differences between these two types of industries? How an industry can be consolidated?
- What opportunities and advantages do consolidated industries offer that fragmented industries do not?
- Describe horizontal and vertical integration. How do businesses leverage these strategies for growth, and how can they aid them in gaining competitive advantage? How developing competitive advantage could fail by horizontal and vertical integration.Reference Book : Charles W. L. Hill and Gareth R. Jones. Strategic Management: An Integrated Approach. 2017, 12th edition. South-Western Cengage Learning.