BUSINESS ORGANIZATION AND BUSINESS TORTS
Building on your Module 1 SLP, suppose that Stacy’s mail-order, gluten-free, blueberry muffin business has begun to grow. After signing the contract with Woody, Stacy felt more secure in her supply of blueberries. She decided to take on the title of “CEO” of her business and she now has two employees, friends from a book club where she used to bring her muffins.
Stacy is concerned that, now that her business is rapidly growing, that she may face problems of potential lawsuits and liability. She has asked you to recommend a formal legal structure for her business.
Carefully review the background materials on business organization and tort law. Then, write a 2- to 3-page paper discussing what potential liability risks Stacy faces and the kind of legal structure Stacy should adopt. Specific issues to be covered in this paper include:
- What kind of liability might Stacy’s business face? Refer to the required background readings on business torts and products liability in your answer.
- What kind of legal structure should Stacy adopt for her business, and why? Will the structure that you recommend address her potential liability? Refer to at least one of the required or optional readings from the background materials page to support your answer.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Do not go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- Make sure to use reliable and credible sources as your references. Articles published in established newspapers or business journals/magazines are preferred. If you find articles on the Internet, make sure they are from a credible source.
- Reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations