Choose a biome and create a biome brochure. You can choose any of the biomes described in our textbook starting on pg 323 (tropical rainforest, tropical deciduous forest, tropical scrub, tropical savanna, desert, mediterranean woodland and shrub, midlatitude grassland, midlatitude deciduous forest, boreal forest, and tundra).
Since this is an online class you will create a PowerPoint presentation with at least 1 slide (page) for each of the following:
Cover page: creative title page with pictures
Page 1 – Characteristics
Talk about your biome’s:
- average temperature (or seasonal average ranges)
- average precipitation amounts
- seasons – describe each one and lengths of each
- location in the world – latitude zone, countries (4), regions, etc.
- include pictures
Page 2 – Plants
- List 5 plants that are found (exclusively) in your biome. Describe adaptations they have for surviving in your biome. Include pictures for each.
Page 3 – Animals
- List 5 animals that are found (exclusively) in your biome. Describe adaptations they have for surviving in your biome. Include pictures for each.
Page 4 – Threats
- Give details on present threats to this biome. Talk about the causes and effects of these threats. Use complete sentences. Include pictures.
Page 5 – Reasons to Visit
- Use all of the above information to convince an audience to visit your biome. Tell your audience of popular outdoor activities they can enjoy exclusively in this biome. What types of clothing would you recommend to use in this biome? Be creative. Include pictures.
Page 6– Works cited page